1 1/2 Lbs/675g Cod cut into 6 pieces
Pinch of salt if desired
Juice of a Lemon
1 dessertspoon Water
1 Onion peeled and chopped
1 Teaspoon of vegetable oil
1 Carrot peeled and grated
4oz/120g Low-Fat Cheese Grated
4 potatoes cooked peeled and sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place fish in oven-proof dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and juice of lemon. Add water.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry onion and carrot for 2-3 minutes. Then spread over fish.
- Put a layer of cooked potato slices on top of vegetables.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- After 20 minutes of cooking time, sprinkle with grated cheese.
Any white fish may be used, eg. whiting. Brown breadcrumbs may be used instead of potatoes.
This recipe was taken from 101 Square Meals click here for full book. 101 Square Meals is supported by MABS, Safefood and the HSE.