The consistency of this dough is lovely to feel and hold. It can be powdery like flour one moment, and then mouldable like damp sand the next.
What you will need to make cloud dough:
8 cups flour
1 cup vegetable oil
Essential oil such as lavender (optional)
How you make cloud dough:
1. Scoop and pour the flour into the centre of a large basin.
2. Create a crater in the middle of the flour.
3. Pour the oil into the crater.
4. Gently mix it all together.
5. Enjoy mixing and learning about the properties of the dough as it is, or add small silicone bowls, spoons, or measuring cups to make small structures, hills, or pretend cupcakes.
Mix it with our hands for about 5 minutes until the dough held together then squeeze it. You may see some oil lumps in the dough, but it doesn’t have an adverse effect on the material.
Tip: When the dough is thoroughly mixed, add a healthy dose of lavender oil drops to scent the dough, if you wish.