1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1/2 lb/225g French beans/string beans
1 low salt stock cube
¼ pt./150ml water
1 dessertspoon of Vegetable oil
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Slice the peppers, onion and mushrooms thinly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the mixed vegetables and stir well.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 1/4pt / 150ml of boiling water and add to the pan. Keep stirring.
- Cover the vegetables and cook gently for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but still crisp. Add the beans and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice, pasta or potatoes.
Handy Hints A little soya sauce can be added for extra flavour. Sweet and sour sauce can also be used. Not all vegetables have to be used. Select according to availability, choice and cost. Add other beans or chickpeas for extra protein.
This recipe was taken from 101 Square Meals click here for full book. 101 Square Meals is supported by MABS, Safefood and the HSE.