[toggle title=”Recipe Info” state=”close” ]Grill or Oven Number of Servings: 1 Preparation Time: 5 Minutes Cooking Time: Utensils Needed: Baking Tray, Frying Pan Cost: Low Cost[/toggle]
1 brown or White Bap
1 tomato thinly sliced
½ onion sliced
2 oz/50g low-fat grated cheese
Diced cubes of red/green pepper
- Lightly brown the bap under the grill until softened and warm, then cut in half.
- Cook onion in a little oil in a frying pan and add the sliced mushrooms and diced pepper if desired.
- Slice a tomato thinly and arrange on the two sides of the bap and pop the onions and mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4, or grill until golden brown for a few minutes.
This recipe was taken from 101 Square Meals click here for full book. 101 Square Meals is supported by MABS, Safefood and the HSE.