Tea Time Scramble
A quick and economical snack the kids will love (Serves 3)
What you need
3 eggs 2 dessertspoons of milk
5g / 1/4oz polyunsaturated margarine
1 tomato, chopped
50g / 2oz cooked ham, chopped
50g / 2oz cheddar cheese, grated
3 slices of toast Parsley to garnish (optional)
What you do
- Beat eggs and milk together and pour into a saucepan.
- Add margarine, chopped tomato and ham, grated cheese and seasoning.
- Cook over a low heat until creamy, stirring all the time.
- Spoon equal portions on to the toast.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Adapted from “101 Square Meals” – Mid Western Health Board and Limerick Money Advice & Budgeting Service
Taken from “Your Child’s Heart” magazine published by Irish heart Foundation (www.irishheart.ie) ‘The Irish Heart Foundation is the national charity fighting heart disease and stroke. We support, educate and train people to save lives, campaign for patients, promote positive health programmes, fund research and provide vital information. We need your support through donations, as a volunteer or on our training courses’