Top Tip for Creative Craft making:
Have a box of craft material on hand and you don’t need to spend a lot of money. Always think of the child age and stage of development, keeping safety in mind particularly with young children. Add household items to your kit such as empty kitchen roll tubes, magazines, empty envelopes, used Christmas paper, yogurt cartons and egg boxes. Craft materials do not need to be expensive and many local discount stores have a fab range of low cost craft items.
Build your collection over time and think of including:
- Pens & Pencils
- Brushes & Sponges
- Play dough
- Buttons & Beads
- Wool, Ribbon & Fabric Scraps
- Old clothing for dress up
- Protective Table Covering (bin bags or old papers work great)
Remember that play in general and creative play in particular is serious work for children and is invaluable to their learning and development. It is often free, usually messy and always fun! So decide to have fun and adopt Love Parenting’s creative play motto.
DON’T GET STRESSY, JUST GET MESSY!!
What You Need
- Coloured feathers
- Coloured pipe cleaners
How To Make It
- Roll pipe cleaner into an ‘S’ shape.
- Glue feather to bottom curl of the pipe cleaner.
- Attach thread to top curl.
- Can be used to decorate an ‘Easter Tree’ or as a colourful mobile.
Remember don’t get stressy just get messy!!
Love Parenting would love to upload photographs of your finished craft, simply email your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org