- Follow your child’s lead – let them choose
- Have realistic expectations
- Let your child set the pace – children need to practice activities over & over before they feel confident in their ability. Try not to rush them to move onto something else or they may feel like they cannot live up to you expectations or give up.
- Remember not to compete with your child
- Use descriptive comments instead of questions – a running commentary of what they are doing
- Play make-believe!
- Laugh & have fun!
Provided by Incredible Years Limerick