Top Tip for Creative Craft making:
Have a box of craft material on hand and you don’t need to spend a lot of money. Always think of the child age and stage of development, keeping safety in mind particularly with young children. Add household items to your kit such as empty kitchen roll tubes, magazines, empty envelopes, used Christmas paper, yogurt cartons and egg boxes. Craft materials do not need to be expensive and many local discount stores have a fab range of low cost craft items.
Build your collection over time and think of including:
- Pens & Pencils
- Brushes & Sponges
- Play dough
- Buttons & Beads
- Wool, Ribbon & Fabric Scraps
- Old clothing for dress up
- Protective Table Covering (bin bags or old papers work great)
Remember that play in general and creative play in particular is serious work for children and is invaluable to their learning and development. It is often free, usually messy and always fun! So decide to have fun and adopt Love Parenting’s creative play motto.
Remember don’t get stressy just get messy!!
What You Need
- Felt or craft foam in colour of chosen animal.
- Black marker
- Woolly balls
- Wiggle eyes
- A pencil
- Glue or double sided tape
- Blank badges or magnetic tape
- Cut head shape on form or felt.
- Add wobbly eyes.
- Add woolly ball for nose (depending on animal choice.)
- Draw on mouth & whiskers.
- Glue animal to badge or magnetic tape.
Love Parenting would love to upload photographs of your finished craft, simply email your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org