[toggle title=”Recipe Info” state=”close” ]Fry Number of Servings: 2 Preparation Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 30 Minutes Utensils Needed: Saucepan, Sieve Cost: Low Cost[/toggle]
(Weaning Recipe suitable from 7 months)
75g/3oz chicken fillets
1/2 cup of rice
50g/2oz mixed Vegetables e.g., carrots, parsnips, etc.
1/4 pint/150ml water
- Cut chicken fillets into small pieces.
- Wash, peel and chop mixed vegetables.
- Simmer the chicken and vegetables in the water for 20-30 minutes until tender. Save the vegetable water.
- Cook rice in boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
- Strain the rice in the sieve and pour boiling water through to remove starch.
- Mix the chicken, rice and vegetables together. Add the saved vegetable water to moisten*. Mash or puree.
This recipe was taken from 101 Square Meals click here for full book. 101 Square Meals is supported by MABS, Safefood and the HSE.