- Establish a regular bedtime routine for your child that allows them to wake up rested and refreshed
- Start to wind down well in advance of bedtime and do activities that help to calm them down and relax them. Put on some favourite music, read a book, watch a little television
- Give your child notice that bedtime is approaching. ‘You have ten more minutes to play and then we need to head to bed’; ‘You can watch the programme for five more minutes and then we need to switch if off for bedtime.’
- Get the basics done first. Make sure they brush their teeth, wash their face, use the toilet, have a drink of water
- Make time for positive interaction with your child as part of the routine. Snuggle in with a story, take a few minutes to chat about their day or whatever comes into their head, give plenty of hugs and kisses.
- Make it clear when it’s time to turn out the lights and go to sleep. Be kind but firm and let them know that it is now time to get their rest.
Tips for a Positive Bedtime Routine2023-04-082023-06-07https://loveparenting.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/logo-dark-1.pngLove Parentinghttps://loveparenting.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ThinkstockPhotos-147008752.jpg200px200px