Countdown to School
- Check in on how your child is feeling about school. Excited, anxious, nervous? Remember you don’t have to have all the answers. Just listen.
- If you qualify, apply for back to school allowance
- Buy books, uniforms and shoes and put them away safely
- Begin to introduce sleep, food and daily routines. Agree this together with your children.
- Encourage your child to connect in with their pals
In the two weeks before:
- Continue the chat with your child about going back to school. Even little things like what they would like in their school lunches can start deeper chats
- Take time out for yourself.
- Get support from others if needed
- Do something fun together
- Put uniforms on hangers and visibly display in bedrooms
- Set up school bags and agree where the school shoes/bags are kept after school
- Check that uniforms/shoes/bags are where they should be
- Get children to help make their lunches
- Stay calm and relax. You can do it!
- Don’t forget to praise your child!