Servings: Two People Preparation time: 15 Minutes Cooking time: 35 Minutes Cost: Medium
Utensils Needed: Cooking Method:
Plastic container Oven
1 larger bowl
4 medium size potatoes
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Wash and cut potatoes into 8 wedges (leave skin on).
- Place in a container and pour vegetable oil over them. Close container and shake.
- Sprinkle wedges with cayenne pepper and black pepper
- Place wedges on baking tray.
- Cook for 35 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with tossed green salad.
Cover with natural yoghurt, low-fat grated cheese or salsa.
Try other spices to alter flavours– Cajun, Indian or Mexican, garlic.
This recipe was taken from 101 Square Meals click here for full book. 101 Square Meals is supported by MABS, Safefood and the HSE.