3 Cooking Apples
3 Teaspoons Brown Sugar (1 level teaspoons per apple)
3 teaspoons of Butter
Low- fat natural Yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Wash apples and remove the core.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Pour the water around the apples.
- Fill each apple with sugar and top with 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Bake in the oven till the apples are soft- about 30 minutes.
- Remove from baking dish and drizzle with low-fat natural yogurt.
Use mincemeat (jar) instead of sugar. Stuff the apples with currants, sultanas, raisins or any dried fruit. Mix grated orange rind or cloves with the brown sugar. Can be cooked in the microwave.
This recipe was taken from 101 Square Meals click here for full book. 101 Square Meals is supported by MABS, Safefood and the HSE.