The incredible Years Programme is an international, early intervention programme targeting children ranging in age from young infants to twelve years old who are exhibiting social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Incredible Years consists of three types of parenting programmes, aimed at parents/guardians, children and teachers.
Each of the programmes aims to achieve long-term positive impacts on children’s behaviour. The programmes are offered in a range of community and educational settings.
Community Substance Misuse Team Leader, Third Floor,
Theatre Court, Mallow Street, Limerick
Tel: 061 317688
Strengthening Families is a skills based programme for the whole family targeted at parents/carers and young people ages 12-16. It is a 14 week programme that focuses on 3 skills sets: teen skills, parent skills and family skills. The programme addresses communication issues within the family unit through supporting positive family behaviour. The programmes are offered in a range of community settings.
Parenting When Separated
Are you a parent who is preparing for, going through or have gone through separation or divorce?
Would you like support to:
- Improve how you communicate with your children around the separation
- Improve how you communicate with the children’s other parent
- Cope with the impact of the separation on your children’s lives
- Solve co-parenting problems in a positive way to help both you and your child
- Meet other parents with similar experiences to you
If so, the ‘Parenting when Separated’ programme (Parent Plus) is for you. This programme consists of six weekly sessions. One programme is available for you and a separate programme is available for the child’s other parent. It is recommended that both parents do the programme.
It is suitable for:
- Mothers and fathers
- parents of children of all ages,
- resident and non resident parents and
- parents recently separated or for parents who separated sometime in the past.