Servings: Four + Preparation Time: 30 Minutes Cooking Time: 55 Minutes Cost: Low
Utensils Needed: Cooking Method:
Loaf Tin Oven
1lb/425g Wholemeal flour
1 Dessertspoon Wheat germ
1 Dessertspoon Bran
½ Pt/275 ml butter Milk
1 teaspoon bread soda/baking soda
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons polyunsaturated oil e.g. Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix all the ingredients well together.
- Then pour the lot into a lightly oiled loaf tin.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 150°C / 300°F / Gas Mark 2 and bake for a further 40 minutes.
In an electric oven you can turn off the heat for the last 5 to 10 minutes and leave bread in oven to finish baking.
This recipe was taken from 101 Square Meals click here for full book. 101 Square Meals is supported by MABS, Safefood and the HSE.