Top Tip for Creative Craft making:
Have a box of craft material on hand and you don’t need to spend a lot of money. Always think of the child age and stage of development, keeping safety in mind particularly with young children. Add household items to your kit such as empty kitchen roll tubes, magazines, empty envelopes, used Christmas paper, yogurt cartons and egg boxes. Craft materials do not need to be expensive and many local discount stores have a fab range of low cost craft items.
Build your collection over time and think of including:
- Pens & Pencils
- Brushes & Sponges
- Play dough
- Buttons & Beads
- Wool, Ribbon & Fabric Scraps
- Old clothing for dress up
- Protective Table Covering (bin bags or old papers work great)
Remember that play in general and creative play in particular is serious work for children and is invaluable to their learning and development. It is often free, usually messy and always fun! So decide to have fun and adopt Love Parenting’s creative play motto.
DON’T GET STRESSY, JUST GET MESSY!!
Last week Love Parenting uploaded Pompom Pals this week we decided to make Elmo & Grover Pompom Pals!
What You Need
- Coloured wool
- Small white furry balls & black felt for eyes
- Coloured furry balls for noses
- A pencil
- Stiff cardboard
- Darning needle
- Glue or double sided tape
- Ribbon or Magnetic Tape
How To Make It
- Copy pompom templates onto the cardboard and cut out two of each size required.
- Make pompoms in required colours.
- Glue small black circles to the white furry balls to form the eyes and glue to the pompom
- Glue the furry ball nose in place
- Allow to dry
- Attach ribbon to you pal or magnetic tape
Remember don’t get stressy just get messy!
Love Parenting would love to see your finished Pompom Pet Craft, you can send a picture of your craft to firstname.lastname@example.org